Welcome to the fifth “Jolt of Joy” newsletter. Last week, Bubblz and I asked you to put on your “JOY glasses” and look for things that brought you JOY! We hope that you experienced many joy-full moments! The Joyblz! character named Artistlz is now in the spotlight and will be featured all this month. You’ll learn more about him and his gifts. This week, he’s excited to help you get your creative juices flowing. So, have some fun and let your creativity flow with Artistlz!
I got a head start and made the “Create” artwork posted above after being inspired by Artistlz. Look closely at the word “Create”. Do you think those color-full balls are marbles? I’ll give you a few hints; they grow when water is added, are very squishy, and aren’t made from glass! Continue reading and I’ll reveal what they are and more about Artistlz …
Before I tell you about my creative endeavor with those balls, I wanted to introduce you to Artistlz!
Name: Artistlz – The Artist.
Special Gift: Creativity.
Purpose: Create every day; sharing your creations will bring JOY to others in every way.
Artistlz is highly creative! He not only loves to paint, but also to doodle, draw, make arts and crafts, and write poetry. He enJOYs helping others get into their creative flow.
I don’t know whether you noticed that Artistlz has large colored paintbrushes flowing from the top of his eyes. My friend’s four-year-old son actually told me that he saw different flavored ice cream cones, not paintbrushes. What do you see?
What are those color-full balls?
I digressed and you’re probably wondering about what those balls are in the photo? They are called “water beads”, super-absorbent polymers that grow to more than 100 times their volume when placed in water. I bought some to add color and decorative flair to my flower vase. It’s so amazing to see the small round beads, shown here in the photo, expand into jelly marbles after having been immersed in water for a few hours. They are also fun to play with!
How to Get Your Creative Juices Flowing
I thought it would be fun to create something with the balls. After thinking about what to do, I felt blocked and needed a jolt of creativity. Here are some of the ways that Artistlz suggests for getting your creative juices flowing.
- Get some exercise: A walk, a run, or some simple stretches can do a lot of good for the soul and ignite new ideas.
- Sit back and relax: Alternatively, just sit, breathe, and relax for as long as you can with your eyes closed. Collect your thoughts and write them down.
- Call a friend: Talking to a friend can provide support and inspiration as well as new ideas!
- Keep a journal: Keep a journal, log your ideas and revisit old pages. You might find it will spark new ideas!
- Do something different: Sometimes all you need is a change of scenery to feel reconnected to your creative self. Take a couple of hours to visit the beach, go to a museum, or sit in a park and people watch.
- Create a nurturing environment for yourself: Find a comfortable place that boosts your creative senses. Have a cup of tea, play some fun music and see what ideas emerge.
- Be willing to make mistakes: Perfectionism can be the enemy of creativity. Don’t let the fear of getting started stop your creative actions. Make it fun and let go of any rules of how you think it should look or should be.
Using some of Artistlz’ tips helped spark the idea for my water bead creation. Once it was finished, I felt so much JOY looking at it! I now want to make a stress ball with a balloon full of the beads and try soaking my feet in a tub full of them.
Here’s your joy-full activity for the week
Be like Artistlz and explore your creativity! The more you allow yourself to open up your creative channels, the more your creativity flows. Take some time this week to do something creative.
Artistlz and I would love to hear how you got your creative juices flowing! Please leave your comments and joy-full responses below.
Note: To LEAVE A COMMENT, you will need to login to our website. If you have previously purchased a product, you will have received an email with your username and password. Otherwise, from the same login link above, click “Register”, and a username and password will be emailed to you. The only reason we ask you to sign in is to prevent unsolicited comments.
And those Glass Beads Look like Candy….
I LOVE the Glass Beads and how colorful they are! I also LOVE all those ways you listed to get the creativity flowing. I totally experienced an Uplift when I received a friendly call this evening and we talked for nearly 2.5 hours. I said WOW how uplifted I was to get to chat with this friend. It was so helpful to my Spirit which was lagging. ALL of these suggestions are SO Powerful for helping creativity as well as a Mood Booster;My Self Esteem & Confidence rose as Hers did as well. Thank you JOY Ann
I’m so glad all of these suggestions helped give you a BOOST! YAY!
I just finished Liz Gilbert’s book Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear today so this is timely! Here’s to a month full of creative endeavors:-)
Thank you!!! Love those ideas and your squishy “marbles”!