Welcome to our “Jolt of Joy” newsletter. In the last newsletter, we shared about choosing JOY with the Joyblz! We hope you had a chance to make a list of all the things that bring you JOY. This month we are focusing on the saying: “You’re not too old and it’s not too late to pursue your dreams!” My Joyblz! character, Dreamlz, loves that adage. No matter what age you are, you can start something new, accomplish your goals and amaze the world! So, let’s follow our dreams with Dreamlz.
Ever since I was a young girl, I’ve had a dream to share my creativity with the world. I’ve been doodling and drawing my entire life. During the pandemic, I realized that dream and created a new entrepreneurial venture where I am spreading lots of JOY and inspiration with my hand-drawn, whimsical Joyblz! characters.
Continue reading to learn more about Dreamlz and ways to follow your dreams…
First, I want to introduce you to Dreamlz.
Name: Dreamlz – The Dreamer.
Special Gift: Following Dreams.
Purpose: Pursue your passion, start today; realize your dreams and get on your way!
Dreamlz loves to encourage others to follow their dreams. He wants no one to think that they are too old to start something new! He believes that you can achieve anything you set your mind to.
When I look at Dreamlz, I see a dream catcher with all the colored beads around his face. What do you see when you look at him?
What does it mean to follow your dreams?
For starters, think about something that you want to do. What are you passionate about? What is something that you would really like to have, do, or see in the future? Set your destination first. Now, once you know where you are going, you can make plans on how to get there. I like to refer to a dream as a “goal” as it puts it in a more attainable light.
How to Follow your Dreams with Dreamlz
Just start! Start by writing your dreams as goals that are attainable, actionable, measurable, and have a time frame. Make them a priority and commit to carrying out your plan. Here are a few steps that I have used:
- Create a vision board: This is a great visualization technique. Vision boards are a great reminder of your dreams.
- Take one step per day to reach your goal: Set short-term goals and track your progress. This will help you maintain focus on your dream.
- Be prepared for setbacks: Anyone pursuing dreams can experience pain, disappointment, and rejection. Don’t let these stop you from chasing your dreams, but rather let them motivate you to try even harder.
- Find others who are doing what you want to do: Befriending people with the same passion as you can help boost your dream. Ask them what it took for them to get there. Ask some of these people to help you on your own personal journey.
- Find a way to use your dream to help other people: If the dream is only for you, it will be easy to lose motivation and give up. If you have a vision for how you will be able to help and encourage other people, it may be easier to stay on track.
I challenge you never to let age stand in your way of anything you want to do.
You are fabulous at every stage of life. And it’s not too late to try. Whether you want to start a blog, a business, write a book, change careers, or travel the world, you should never let age stop you. Age is a wonderful thing and something that should be celebrated and it should never stop you from pursuing your dreams.
Here’s proof that age is just a number:
- John Glenn went to space at age 77.
- Julia Child began her PBS cooking show at age 51.
- Teiichi Igarashi climbed Mt. Fuji at age 99!
- At 62, J.R.R. Tolkien published the ﬁrst volume of his fantasy series, “Lord of the Rings.”
Here’s your joy-full activity for the week
Be like Dreamlz and follow your dreams! What can you do this week to take one step closer to pursuing your passion?
Dreamlz and I would love to hear about how you started to follow your dreams. Please leave your comments and joy-full responses below.
Note: To LEAVE A COMMENT, you will need to login to our website. If you have previously purchased a product, you will have received an email with your username and password. Otherwise, from the same login link above, click “Register”, and a username and password will be emailed to you. The only reason we ask you to sign in is to prevent unsolicited comments.